Blog Traffic

Monday, March 16, 2009

Mon, 16 March 2009

Hey Fam,
It was good to hear from you guys, (mom and dad) and even you too sadie. Sounds like your having a good time Sadie the trip to Washington D.C will be awesome. Especially because you will be with alot of your freinds. My band trip was probably the funnest thing that i did in highschool. It is crazy it is already your birthday the big 17. Well i guess i'll tell you now. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Write me back and let me know how the highschool team did. Did they win state. Did you go with the band to Boise?
That was quitethe shock to hear that Uncle Billy had died, I have received 3 letters from him since i had gotten here. That is a big shock. At least heis with grandma and grandpa again. I am glad to know that we can return to live with the ones that we love again after this life. It's funny alot of people get really excited when we tell them thatthey can see their loved ones who have already passed on. I know that this is true because it is what i teach and it is what i study and that is why i know.
In response to dad's question about when i kew i wanted to be a missionary... It isa hard to say when io knew i wanted to be a missionary. I always knew i would serve a mission but i think i really knew i wanted to be a missionary when i had the examles of my older brothers. They really showed me what it's like to be missionaries. The stories and the way they changed on their mission was a big influence on my decision. I think alot of my decision was veryu simple because i was always told that a mission was the right thing to do and i knew that everyone would support me in this decision. Another thing was the stories about dad's mission. it always sounded really fun and he always had good things to say about his mission.
This week has been awesome. I am finally out teaching alot more because we are not at the church all the time anymore. My new companion is awesome, He dose not speak a lick of english. But it is awesome, it has helped me to know that i speak alot more than i thought i did. Elder Wade really didnt like to let me teach and he really didnt like to teach either. Me and Elder Sodre are staying busy. I have been knocking doors and doing contacts with people this whole week. It is so much fun to have a native companion. But it is fun. Since we have gotten together we have 8 new investigators. Thats how many me and Wade had in 2 transfers. I am going to learn alot from my new companion and i am very excited for the next 5 weeks.
But this week was awesome i didnt have a companion tuesday and wednesday so i walked in another area with a different set of missionaries. I worked in the city these 2 days. alot of big buildings and what not. I took a few pictures to send home but i dont know when i will be able to send them. Ya i went and bought my camera i bought the Samsung L100. It is pretty nice and it was the cheapest one they had. It was 220 dollars. and they gave me a memory card for free. But now i will guard my camera with my life. It is frusterating that somebody would take it from me at the church but i guess they needed it more than i did.
We have been teaching alot of lessons the last few days i get home and think wow that was a good day. It's fun speaking the language in the house all the time i enjoy it a lot. I have a feeling that i will learn a lot this transfer. I have been teaching alot more inside the lessons and am starting to feel comforable around the people i talk to. I can see the Lords hand in the work that is being done here and i know that he is helping me... who wouldof thought i would be able to learn a new language. Going into the MTC i would have thought that is impossible, and that is excatally what i thought. When i said goodbye to you guys and walked out the doorit hit me... not only do i have to learn to teach but i have to learn to teach and converse in a different language. man!!! But it is going well and i know that it's gonna be hard but who said it was'nt gonna be.
Thanks for sending the package i look forward to the socks desperetly those thin ones i got are falling apart. But i sm sure i will manage until the other ones get here because quite frankly i have to wait. I also look forward to the other things in there. Everyone loves the Madagascar toys especially the "I like to move it move it" everyone here knows that song.
Well i hope you like the long letter i tried to fill it with love and detail. I hope everyone has a good week and i want you to all know that i love you all. this work here that i am participating in is the work of God. I am a servent of him. I wear the name of Jesus Christ daily and know that he is our Savior. He suffered for all of our sin and if we repent and live the commandments we are promised eternal life. I know this church is true and i am grateful for the example of my father and my brothers who showed me what was right by serving their missions. Love ya lots and miss you.... The work goes on.
Elder Edwards
Grandma love you lots and i hope that you have a good week . i want you to know you are in my prayers always and i miss you alot. Until next week.

No comments: